Thursday, March 3, 2011

Unexpected Kindness and Support

  I am finding that there are people who care about me, and actually go out of their way to make me happy lately.
  I went to the store across the street to get my newspaper and cup of coffee yesterday.
  When I went to pay my friend behind the counter, I could not find my wallet, it must have been in the pair of pants I had changed out of when I showered.
  My friend manages the store, and he told me to just come back and give him the money when I can.
  I had forgotten about it until later in the afternoon. I found my wallet, and headed to the store. When I got there, the manager's wife was behind the counter. I asked if her husband had written down how much I owed from earlier, and he had done so.
  I was in the process of taking the money out of my wallet which was old and falling apart when my friend's wife said, "Wait, I got you something." She reached into her purse, and took out a new wallet which she handed to me, and told me to have a seat and transfer all of the stuff from the old wallet to the new one.
  I asked her what she paid for it to which she replied, "Don't worry about that, it's a gift."
  These folks treat me so well all the time, I have known for the whole time they started running the place that they were very friendly, but now I am certain that I have made some good friends.
  I try to treat people the same way I would like to be treated, and sometimes I am pleasantly surprised by how good a policy it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment